Apr 18, 2013

Eenie Meenie Miney Splat, or, Icarus Redux

I should have passed on the chronic before I jumped from the cliff. The landscape moves for me. My name is Bird of the Absolute! The sun rises and bathes the valley because I say so. Wow. Nobody ever told me the wind's made of cold needles. Billions of them.



Zooming around in a wing suit strikes me as an extremely manly thing to do. Even manlier than having someone shave you with an axe.

via vintage everyday

I once knew an Air Force Major who said stuff like "A man's man doesn't eat honey. HE EATS BEES." But then, here's a girl tempting the jaws of fate. Ultimately, your gonads don't matter. A friend once remarked to me that "My girlfriend is more of a man than I am."

Uh, I'm pretty sure you ought to wear safety goggles

In life, as in writing, you don't get to the best parts unless you grab a gator by the tail every now and then. Start with a tiny one and work your way up.

Sendoff: 27 wacky ways to beat writer's block.

No comments:

Post a Comment