Sep 12, 2012

Descent to Planet Hamburger

We all felt rather peckish after two hundred years of travel.
"Ah, bless the Grumshackle Files," I said, looking out the main viewport.
Turkanna stood at my side, grinding her teeth.
"I wonder how they turned out," she said. "I like the challenge of a cultured meal."

source

This is tangentially inspired by Tobe Hooper's 1985 film, Lifeforce. The script was penned by none other than the admirable Dan O'Bannon, of Alien fame. 

While we're on the subject, did you know O'Bannon collaborated with Alejandro Jodorowsky on a version of Dune that will never see the light of day? It was going to be superbly outrageous and bizarre (among other ballsy moves, Salvador DalĂ­ would have played the Padishah Emperor Shaddam Corrino IV) and would, I'm sure, have proved more enduring than David Lynch's adaptation -- which is pleasing to the eye but mangled beyond hope by the producers. Understandably, David Lynch disowned it.

To wrap this up, I invite you to spend a couple of minutes exploring outer space with Sander van den Berg.

No comments:

Post a Comment