Jan 11, 2012

Guest Prompt by @KellySGamble

The package had been addressed to me, removed from Dad's private safe just hours after his death.  My hands shook as I held the documents.  I was sure of their authenticity, but unsure of my responsibility to share them with the world.  They would change history.


*


What startling revelations might be tucked away with those papers? A photo of Hitler standing next to an alien creature at the Eagle's Nest? A letter from Teddy Roosevelt discussing the outcome of a secret American mission to the moon? Documented evidence of an iPhone... in the year 1914?


*


Kelly's fiction has won awards from Writers Weekly, Writers Courtyard, Women on Writing and the Ground Zero Literary Project. She is working on a historical novel about the Hoover Dam, and blogs about the oft-peculiar characters that gravitated toward the Dam during its construction. You can also connect with her on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment